We take user's data privacy regarding the use of our z-weave software very seriously. We ask that you read this privacy statement carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data.
Effective as of May 23, 2022
z-emotion Co., Ltd., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "z-emotion," "we," or "us") respects the privacy of its customers, business partners and Website (as defined below) visitors.The following Privacy Statement explains the different ways in which we collect, use, and share personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. Please take the time to read this Privacy Statement and the related statements in their entirety to ensure you are fully informed. Note that we may provide additional information about our privacy practices that are specific to one of our websites, events, products, or services.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement (the "Privacy Statement") describes the information that we collect about you, how we obtain your personal information, and how we may use or disclose that information in connection with the Website. This Privacy Statement also describes the measures we take to protect the security of your personal information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices, including to exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Statement only covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained through the z-emotion websites that link to this Privacy Statement, including www.z-weave.com and www.z-emotion.com ("Website").
How We Obtain Information
As further described below, we collect several types of information from and about you that broadly falls into the following categories:
1. Information you voluntarily provide to us:
- When filling out forms on our Website (including without limitation, name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number).
- When you post material to our Website, participate in bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs, comment threads, forums, or other interactive features of our Website, register, or request further information or services from us.
- When you report a problem with our Website.
- When you contact us.
- When you complete our surveys.
- Other information you may submit to us related to your use of our Website, including without limitation, billing information.
2. Information we collect as you navigate through the Website.As you navigate through the Website, we may also automatically collect details about your visits Website, including your IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system and browser type.We also collect some of this information using cookies and similar tracking technologies. For detailed information, please see the section on our “Cookies Policy” below.
3. Information from third parties.From time to time, we may collect and use information we receive about you from third parties in connection with your use of the Website. We also use third parties for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our Website and marketing efforts, and to identify areas for improvement.We may combine information we collect from third parties with information you provide us to update, expand or provide you with tailored information regarding our products and services.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain and improve Website.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or obtain any required consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
- To track your browsing behavior, such as the pages you visited over time, for analytics and advertising purposes.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences (for example, we may use your information to contact you to further discuss your interests in our services and products).
By registering for z-weave, or other future sites within the z-emotion ecosystem, z-emotion will create a profile on your behalf that will allow you to access any of the other listed sites using the same username and password for all sites. The personal information that may be collected during registration and/or use of any one of these sites that you choose to make public, may be visible to other users of the sites. In addition, your personal information may be used by the other sites for the purposes of enhancing your experience and improving the quality of our services.
If you ask us to contact you about goods and services, we may use your personal information or permit selected third parties to use your personal information to contact you about such goods and services. You can withdraw consent at a later time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located in the emails we send you. For more information, see the section on below.
How We Share Information Collected
We may disclose personal information that you provide to us to the following categories of recipients:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates who will use it only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- To our contractors, business partners and service providers we use to support our business or who provide services on our behalf. If you choose to share your information with business partners or sponsors, your information will be subject to the respective business partner or sponsor’s privacy statement.
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case personal information held by us about you will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We do not sell, rent or trade information collected through the Website with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Cookies are small pieces of information or text that are issued to your computer when you visit a website and are used to store or track information about your use of the site.
z-emotion uses both session‑based and persistent‑based cookies. Session‑based cookies exist only during your web session and expire when you close your internet browser. Persistent‑based cookies are files that stay in one of your browser's subfolders until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie's file.
In addition to required and functional cookies, some third parties issue cookies through our Website to serve ads that are relevant to your interests based on your browsing activities. These third parties may also collect your browser history or other information to determine how you reached our Website and the website you visit when you leave our Website. Information gathered through these automated means may be associated with the personal information you previously submitted on our Website.
Web beacons (also known as internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs) are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as the type of browser used to view a website page, when you viewed a particular site linked to the Web beacon, and a description of a site tied to the Web beacon. Certain pages on our Website may contain such Web beacons, which z-emotion uses to operate and improve the Website.
An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Website, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and the geographic regions of our visitors.
You can stop cookies being downloaded to your computer by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking "help" on your browser's menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the "Contact Information” section below.
International Transfer of Data
z-emotion stores and processes any information collected in connection with the Website in: (i) any country where we have facilities or (ii) any country in which we engage service providers.
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we will protect your personal information when it is transferred outside of the EEA by:
- Processing it in a territory which the European Commission has determined provides an adequate level of protection for personal information; or
- Otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, including through the use of Standard Contractual Clauses or another lawful transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission.
If you require further information about our international transfers of personal information, please contact us using the contract details in the “Contact Information” section further below.
Information for California Residents
- Rights with Respect to Personal Information. If you are a resident of California, you may have additional rights under applicable data protection laws, with respect to your personal information including:
- Request Access. If required by law, upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request Deletion. In certain circumstances, you may request that we delete your personal information. If required by law we will delete your personal information after such a request is made. We may also decide to delete your data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal information it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. You should note that there are some situations in which we may decline to delete your personal information. For example, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, where permitted by law, to resolve disputes, and/or to enforce any of our agreements.
Security and Confidentiality
z-emotion maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information obtained through the Website from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure and access. z-emotion personnel and service providers with access to personal information collected through our Websites are required to keep such information confidential and secure.
We will retain your personal information if we have a business need to do so or for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your Privacy Rights
We provide you with certain choices regarding the information you provide to us. In particular:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can send us an e‑mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certain jurisdictions, for example the European Economic Area, provide their residents specific privacy rights under applicable law. We will process your requests to exercise such rights, including if you object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information, in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may send us an e‑mail at email@example.com or using the contact details under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- If you do not wish to receive our email marketing communication for promotional purposes, you may opt‑out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt‑out” link in the marketing e‑mails we send you. To opt‑out of other forms of marketing (such as telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Information” section below.
- In addition, if we process your personal information in reliance upon your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you are unhappy about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. We will respond to such requests in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws. Please note that in order to fulfill your request, we may need you to provide certain information to verify your identity.
Do Not Track
While z-emotion attempts to honor do not track (“DNT”) instructions we receive from a visitor’s browser, we cannot guarantee that z-emotion will always respond to such signals, in part, because of the lack of common industry standard for DNT technology. We continue to monitor developments in DNT technology and stay apprised of DNT industry standards as they evolve.
Third Party Websites and Applications
This Website may link to websites that are not owned or controlled by z-emotion. As such, this Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected on any third‑party site or by any third‑party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website. This Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected by customers, our business partners, and other third parties or third‑party applications or services, even if this information is collected using our Website.
Public Forums and Blogs
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to fill out our forms or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information promptly.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
z-emotion reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through an appropriate online notice or other means (which may include, if we have your contact details, notification by e‑mail) and obtain your consent if and where required by applicable law. We ask that you review the Privacy Statement periodically to stay informed about any updates or changes that we may have made.
You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “effective as of” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your information or exercise any other rights, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
z-emotion Attn: Privacy - Legal
6th Floor 302, Gangnam-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 06253
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.
This website is operated by Z-Emotion Co., Ltd. (the data controller), which is a corporation organized under the laws of the Republic of Korea located at 6th Floor, 302, Gangnam-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 06253.
California Information Sharing Disclosure
California Civil Code Sections 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether the following categories of personal information are collected, transferred for “valuable consideration,” or transferred for an organization’s “business purpose” (as those terms are defined under California law). The table below indicates the categories of personal information we collect and transfer in a variety of contexts. Please note that because this list is comprehensive, it may refer to types of information that we collect and share about people other than yourself. For example, while we transfer credit card or debit card numbers for our business purpose in order to process payments for orders placed with us, we do not collect or transfer credit card or debit card numbers of individuals that submit questions through our website’s “contact us” page. We do not “sell” your personal information. In addition, we may disclose information when requested to government entities, auditors, lawyers, consultants, and other parties as required by law concerning any category (e.g., in response to a subpoena).
|Categories of Personal Information That We Collect||Categories of Third Parties to Whom We Disclose Personal Information for Business Purpose|
|Identifiers – such as name, postal address, phone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, email address, account name, signature, driver’s license or passport number (if needed to verify your identity), or other similar identifiers.||Service Providers Product and service fulfillment companies Internet service providers Advertising Networks Social Networks Payment Processors and financial institutions Data analytics providers|
|Financial information – such as bank account number, credit or debit card number, or other financial information.||Service Providers Payment Processors and financial institutions|
|Commercial information – such as information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Service Providers Product and service fulfillment companies Payment Processors and financial institutions|
|Network activity data – internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||Service Providers Product and service fulfillment companies Internet service providers Advertising Networks Social Networks Data analytics providers|
|Geolocation data – such as the IP address assigned to your computer when you use the Internet and visit our website.||Service Providers Internet service providers Advertising Networks Social Networks Data analytics providers|
|Electronic and sensory data – such as audio information (e.g., to maintain recordings of customer service calls for quality, training, and security purposes)||Service Providers|
|Professional/employment information – such as occupation and professional references (e.g., if you apply for employment with us).||Service Providers|
|Education information – such as information contained in education records (e.g., if you apply for employment with us).||Service Providers|
|Inferences – drawn from any of the information listed above to create a profile||Service Providers|